Pages

MY TOP FIVE FAVOURITE FOUNDATIONS

Foundation is one of my favourite makeup products to buy and I believe that if you are new to makeup or are planning to build your collection, investing in a good quality foundation is the best way to start. I personally tend to lean more toward trying out higher end foundations due to having some issues with a few drugstore ones in the past, this is why my favourites are all high end.

Listed from left to right: MAC Face and Body Foundation, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Benefit Big Easy, NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser.

MAC FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION
This really is an amazing foundation, as much as it is great for that 'no makeup look' it is just as perfect to wear on nights out. When applied in a really small amount the coverage is very sheer and feels like you have nothing on your skin but the best thing about this foundation is that it can be built up to being full coverage and does not get caky no matter how many layers you apply. It photographs beautifully and can also be used on the body, I couldn't recommend this foundation more!

LAURA MERCIER SILK CREME FOUNDATION
A beautiful foundation and definitely my most reached for when doing my makeup for nights out. This foundation has no faults it applies evenly, blends like a dream and has amazing coverage. It is also great value for money because you only need a pea sized amount to cover your entire face! I have had this for ages and I still have quite a lot left considering how much I use it.

NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION
NARS Sheer Glow is my most used and has been my favourite for a good few years now, it was one of the first high end foundations I bought and I will continue to repurchase it again and again. It gives a really nice natural finish to the skin and is moisturising while also being medium to full in coverage which is the perfect combination for me.

BENEFIT BIG EASY
I'm not really sure what category Benefit wanted Big Easy to fall under as it has "bigger than BB" listed in its name but I definitely would call this a foundation because of its great coverage. I have only had this for about two months but have used it pretty much every day since! I was worried about it being a liquid to powder finish due to my combination to dry skin type but I don't find that it clings to my dry patches and I actually really love it's powder finish. The biggest plus about it's finish is that it is really long lasting and doesn't budge or get oily like I find some of my other foundations do when I'm making coffees as work and there is steam all up in my face!

NARS PURE RADIANT TINTED MOISTURISER
Although this is a tinted moisturiser I feel like it deserves a mention because it some what replaced foundation for me. I don't like wearing foundation during the day due to the heavy feeling that it sometimes gives to my skin, however I do like to have some coverage and to even out my skin tone and this tinted moisturiser fixed this issue for me. It feels really light on the skin and offers a really nice medium amount of coverage.

I'd love to hear what your favourite foundations are! Also let me know if you would like to see a post on some of the more affordable foundations I love.

If you have any questions make sure to leave them below, I'll try my best to get back to you!


8 comments

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about all of these! I have a sample of Sheer Glow and reaaally want to pick up the full size. I also really want to try the tinted moisturiser! Sounds perfect for everyday.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defineitly pick up both of the NARS they really are amazing and I'm sure you'd love the tinted moisturiser!
      Love your blog by the way :) xxx

      Delete
  2. really need to try nars sheer glow! xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, I'm sure you'll love it! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been after Nars sheer glow for ages and you've made me want it even more now! Also love the sound of the Laura Mercier one for a night out :)

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both foundations are amazing but you should definitely pick up Sheer Glow! xx

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try the Nars tinted moisturizer!

    Mallory
    www.makeuptalkwithmallory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it ago, I'm sure you will love it xx

      Delete